Monday, January 28, 2008

UnbelieVable Tattoos

Tattoos are quite possibly the most permanent form of self expression. If you dye your hair, it grows out. Styles change with the times. But tattoos are going to stick with you, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health… Unless of course you opt for laser removal, but that’s almost as expensive as a divorce. Moving on. What if you want that permanent self-expression, but fear the commitment? What if you fear a tattoo would be unacceptable in the professional world? What now?

Get an invisible tattoo.

Sounds ridiculous, right?! Well, it’s not completely invisible. It is a UV tattoo, and can only be seen under a black light. Depending on the location of the tat and the type of skin, there might be a little scarring, but it is usually as inconspicuous as a birthmark or any other scar. You can walk into your office and no one has to see your wild side. The tattoo would show, for instance, when you hit the club, or maybe the bowling alley for some extreme bowling. Or use my solution- purchase a black light keychain (it’s the same idea as a laser pointer or a mini flashlight) and show it off at your discretion. It serves not only as personal expression, but also as a conversation starter. Best of all- your boss, your coworkers and your disapproving grandmother never have to see it...

The UV tattoo is no different than any other tattoo. There are no special tricks or magic potions required. Instead of the typical black or colored ink, the tattoo artist simply uses UV ink. Generally, they are about the same price as any other tattoo, but it all depends on the shop. Not all shops carry UV ink, but most can order it on demand.

A few pictures of my UV tat…



Minutes after the tattoo, 3 weeks later under normal lighting, 3 weeks later under black light

6 comments:

Christine M said...

Well, invisible tattoos certainly fix one of my problems with getting a tattoo: not wanting everyone to see it for the rest of my life. My other concern (intolerance to even small doses of pain) will probably not be solved so conveniently!

Michelle F said...

This is awesome. I never knew this was available. I'm with Christine though, I can't handle the pain!

Katie said...

That is one nifty, and rather sneaky, tattoo.
What a brilliant idea!
I've always wanted a tattoo--but because I do a lot of theatre, it wasn't an option, this however, may let me realize my wish.

Meagan Mason said...

Invisible tattoo... that is completely new to me! I am liking the concept however. I've been wanting to get a tattoo for the longest time, but I'm not so sure I want that on my body forever. I may have to look into this.

R.C. Price said...

I have never heard of this how cool!

Dr. Harrison said...

Wow. Count me among the hordes who had no idea such things as UV tats existed. I'd get one, except I don't ever go to any of the cool places with black lights or whatever it is you need to see these things.